Reports are still sketchy at this point, but it seems that two employees were working on a new recipe for eggnog, when the vat of combined eggnog flavorings exploded causing a blast that could be felt for at least a mile in every direction.
A neighbor said she heard an explosion, ran outside and found a disheveled man with blistered feet sitting on her patio. His beard was completely “burned off,” though chunks of its smoldering remains still clung to his shirt. He demanded food. Now a court will have to decide if he was reckless or just incredibly stupid.
According to police in Germany, a January 27 barn fire in Rasdorf, Germany, was caused by a massive cow-fart explosion. It seems that the methane emitted by the gassy animals built up in the barn until “a static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames.”
English couple Kerry Leech and Mathew Heckler were out enjoying the day when they started getting texts that their house had exploded. According the firefighters, the couple’s youngest pet, Zeus, a six-month-old whippet cross, caused the explosion. Since they didn’t catch him in the act, it’s fair to say they will have to keep an eye on him.
No matter how much you may think you want a nicotine fix, sparking one up around an open container of gas is not worth it. The man shown in this video from Millicent, Australia, reportedly lit up a cigarette and then punched a hole in a car’s gas tank. He was found alive, with burns on his legs. He should’ve brought gum.
It turns out that in Washington State strapping explosives to your dog and detonating them does not constitute animal cruelty, that is if you manage to blow the poor creature to smithereens instantly, like Christopher W. Dillingham, 45, of Stevenson reportedly did.
Following yesterday’s horrific events, the city of Boston has seen an outpouring of good will from around the country. But as always, there is someone ready to take advantage of people’s good intentions in a tragic situation.