Police in Würzburg, Germany are considering charges against a woman whose decision to freshen up in the washroom at a local nightclub wound up temporarily shutting down the club, and injuring two other women.
According to police, the young woman, 20, fished through a friend’s purse for spray antiperspirant, but got pepper spray instead. Not knowing that her friend also carried pepper spray in the purse she did not check the label on the can before deploying the contents. She simply lifted her arms and let her rip, only realizing too late that that was no underarm spray.
Two women reportedly got it in the eyes, and had to receive medical treatment. It is unclear whether the women herself required any treatment.
The noxious pepper spray fumes quickly spread throughout the rest of the club and prompted the immediate evacuation and shut down the club.
Though no one was seriously hurt, investigators may still charge the unnamed woman with negligent bodily harm.