As promised, police in Connecticut have released thousands of pages of documents related to the investigation into the December 14, 2012, Sandy Hook School Shooting by Adam Lanza that claimed the lives of 20 children and six adults. A letter from Commissioner Reuben F. Bradford describes what has been released, reminding people that the names and information that could identify the victims and witnesses has been redacted, as well as any photos of the deceased.
At one point Bradford says, “In the midst of the darkness of that day, we also saw remarkable heroism and glimpses of grace.” He concludes with, “I hope that the release of this report, though painful, will allow those who have been affected by it to continue in their personal process of healing, and will provide helpful information that can be put to use to prevent such tragedies in the future.”
He adds that more documents may be forthcoming as the investigation continues.
- CFS 1200704559
- Exhibit 349 - 911/Telephone/Radio Communications (.zip, 105 MB includes wma, .xml and pdf files)
- 00030290 - Attachments (.zip, 19.3 MB includes 3 pdf files)
- 00152008 – Newtown Public School Automated Notifications (.zip, 654 KB includes 10 .mp3 files)
- Mobile Video Recordings
Please Note: If you would like to download videos, right click on the link and select “Save Target As” and choose a location to save the file.
- CFS 1200704597
- Outdoor Scene Processing Video
- Indoor Scene Processing Video
- 22 Assorted Files (.zip, 138 MB includes 22 pdf files, )
- CFS 1200705354
- Scene video 36 Yogananda St. – 35 min (.wma, 413 MB)
- Primary Scene (.pdf, 773 MB)
- 10 Assorted Files (.zip, 578 MB includes 10 pdf files)